Friday, January 1, 2010

And a new year begins


Many changes happened this past year, most of them good. The year started with a bone chilling move from Idaho to Wisconsin in the middle of January during a deep freeze. Temperatures were -26 when we pulled in. Luckily it was an uneventful drive. We bought our house sight unseen! Fortunately we like it. We love living in town and have a nice big yard for the kids to enjoy and a good sized garden. This past year I have really felt the pull towards living a more creative life. I really have missed painting and drawing and have really dived into it. So much so, that I quit my job as a nurse in October and have been trying to figure out how to make money from what I really love. My major goal for the year is to do this. I really need to get my confidence up and get my artwork out there.
We moved to this area to have more access to local food and to grow our own. The Amish around here have really been an inspiration in so many ways. They are such hard workers and are able to live without the so called conveniences that we have. They inspire me to try and simplify, to get rid of some clutter, eat local, preserve our own food and whenever possible make things ourselves. Someday I hope I have a root cellar filled to the brim with canned goods like they do. This year I succeeded with a small corner filled with the summers harvests. I felt I did pretty well with our first garden. Garden planning for spring will begin now that the hub bub of the holidays are over. Time to order some seeds!
Cheers to 2010. Good health, happiness and lots of love.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails