Thursday, April 7, 2011

Side tracked

DSC_0619[13]

Last Friday I picked up a book from our library called the Three "Only" Things, by   Robert Moss.  I learned about it on Jessica Swift's blog during this post.  The book is about tapping into the power of dreams, coincidence and imagination.  I've always been fascinated with dreams and if a night goes by where I don't remember any dreams I feel almost as if it was a wasted nights sleep.  He talks about how we can solve problems in our sleep and to look for the deeper meaning within them.    He recommends keeping a dream journal.  I've tried to keep dream journals in the past, but it never lasts long, so I started again.  As soon as I picked up this book on Friday, reading it  was all I could think about.  It was such a fascinating book.   Fortunately I finished it on Tuesday, but now I'm waiting for another book of his to come in at the library called Conscious Dreaming.

DSC_0623[3]

I tend to get very obsessed with good books and find I can't do anything else or get anything done.  Sometimes if I'm reading a really good novel and I can't put it down, I have to make deals with myself to get things done.  For instance, I'll tell myself that if I get the dishes done, then I can read a few pages, or when I get the bathrooms cleaned then I can finish the chapter.  It can get kind of annoying actually and kind of consumes my energy.  Needless to say, I haven't read a lot of books lately for that reason, but there are times when I just need to get lost in a good book.


DSC_0620[1]


Since reading this book though, my brain feels completely blocked creatively.  I haven't painted since last Thursday.  I've sat down to draw and with the intention to paint but when I start, nothing feels right and nothing inspires.  I even had a few ideas that I wanted to do for paintings prior to reading this book, but I can't get interested in them.  I think this book got me thinking so much and in a different way that all my energy was going towards it.  I'm anxiously waiting for the next book, but at the same time it would be nice to do a little painting or drawing.   I feel like my "block" is  related to the amazing power of our subconscious and it needs to work through and process what I read.  I started writing this post this morning and am finally finishing it up tonight and I'm starting to feel that "block" starting to loosen up a bit.  Yeah!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails