Thursday, June 16, 2011

Nature in Red

DSC_0907[1]




























Oh my goodness, my lovely poppies are already done blooming.  It all goes by much too fast.  They lasted a little over a week and poof, they are done!  How can it be?

nature in red flickr




























I knew right away a poppy painting was in order.  I really liked how last years poppy painting turned out (pictured below) and wanted to do another one with the poppies in the same style.

poppies...
 
I have to say, that I'm very glad to be finished with this painting.  It didn't come together very easy at first even though I knew how I wanted my poppies to look.  I think I was so afraid of ruining the painting, that I couldn't figure out what to do with it.  I eventually decided it didn't matter what happened and that's when things finally started to flow.  I need to remind myself to stop taking things so darn seriously and loosen up! (this is with art and life in general)  At the beginning this painting was putting furrows in my brow, but in the end,  it puts a smile on my face!   Yeah!

poppy painting

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails