Thursday, October 27, 2011

I was a bit surprised!



Today I was in a hurry to get somewhere, but wanted to check my blog reading list really quick to see what I was missing!  As I was scrolling down  quickly  and skimming the post titles,  I saw one of my pieces (Bird in Hand, pictured above) under Cat Ivins blog, olive bites home of uncorked + polarity!    I have to admit I was a bit confused at first, I was browsing over everything quite quickly!  It didn't connect in my wee little brain as to why my artwork was there?  I had to reread everything a few times before I realized that she actually had my artwork on one of her blog posts!  Wow!  I was a bit shocked but very excited.  I've been reading her blog for a couple of years now and love her quirky sense of humor and her unique and creative jewelry.  You can check out her Etsy shops here and here.   This definitely brightened my day!

I've finally started painting again!  Yeah, it has felt like forever.  The night before last I just had to force myself to do it.  Once I started, I was so glad I did.  (kind of like exercise!)  It felt kind of weird at first, especially when I couldn't remember where everything was.  (paintbrushes and water jar!)  Usually it all comes so natural and easy.

DSC_0905

I had worked on a sketch earlier in the week of a little girl and decided to make a collage with her.  Initially I wasn't very inspired, but all of a sudden something just clicked and away I went!  Weee!  I've been working on her today when I really should be out in my garden putting it to bed for the winter!   Sometimes it's hard to prioritize!




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails