Tuesday, June 8, 2010

lollipop

lollipop
 the theme this week at the three muses is to pick a song, any song!  at first i thought this might be kind of hard coming up with a song, since the choices are endless, but within a minute i knew what i wanted to do and what the piece would look like.  it's nice when that happens. 
one of my favorite artists is Mika, who  is a British singer-songwriter, (his music is very pop).  the song i chose is lollipop  from his 2007 album "Life in Cartoon Motion."  my kids and i love to dance around the living room listening to Mika, he's very fun to listen to.   the title "lollipop"  also belongs to a 1958 pop song by "The Chordettes" which is definitely better known (Lollipop Lollipop Oh Lolli Lolli Lolli Lollipop.)  with lollipops on the mind, of course Shirley Temple and "On the Good Ship Lollipop"  starts to play in my head.  so much sweetness everywhere! 

15 comments:

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

I dont know this song but your creation is fantastic.

indybev said...

I simply love your art, Tammy....and I'll be humming all day long. Lollipop Lollipop, oh Lolli Lolli .... Thanks for the smile, and thanks for joining us!

Ozstuff said...

Being an old gal, I certainly remember the Lollipop song from the 50's when I was a very young gal!! Memories, memories.
Tammy, your picture is priceless. I love it - so cheerful and uplifting.

danit said...

Sweet and sweet.

Taluula said...

Ha ha, nothing to worry about there then Tammy, worried you won't be able to think of one song and then give us three. Your piece is gorgeous and you are a star.

Diane said...

Love your fun art!! And I love that fun song too!!

WrightStuff said...

And don't forget.. My boy lollipop.... la la la la....

What a nice cheerful collection of songs. Lovely illustration. My son loves the Mika song too - it think it probably has something to do with thoughts of eating lots of sweeties!!

LynnF said...

Oh Tammy, this card is beyond delightful and absolutely perfect! My granddaughter and I dance around and sing Lollipop as loudly as possible, too, it's such fun...and your card is just awesome! Standing O from me! LynnF

Janet Ghio said...

Love your card and the song! the original is a good one to exercise too!!

Willy said...

You make me smiling. Love the Lollipop!

Luisa Migon said...

So sweet...

Saskia said...

Wonderful creation and yes, the lollipop song, love it!

Jayne said...

oooo I love this,lovely work!

Molly said...

Hi Tammy ~
Can't find an email address to chat direct... I'm taking the Kelly Rae course right now too and saw your comments on the last post. I'm in Madison, WI ~ we have a great community of artists/crafters in the area! Would love to involve you... We have the Summer Craftacular coming up (there will be a winter one too) and many other fun shows where you can meet others who are like minded, creative souls. Shoot me an email so I can send you more info :) WI is happy to have you and your darling art!!

Molly
http://www.WhimsyHouseGoodness.blogspot.com

Effie said...

Love it... so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails