Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Making the Cut

I've been working on this robin painting for the last few days.  I really didn't have much of a plan for it but I had started painting in a color palette that I usually don't use,  kind of a gold and a seafoam green type color, I wanted to try something different.  Well slowly the green turned to mostly aqua and the gold turned to a nice light yellow and I added some nice red, and some daffodils.  Over the course of the day I started to like the piece less and less, and then started painting over things, pasting things, but the little robin seemed to be getting lost.  At first I thought I should try to salvage it and started painting yellow all over the place and for some unknown reason I  tried some pink which really pushed me over and I grabbed my scissors and cut the little guy out.

DSC_0613[1]

Whew, what a relief! I felt so much better after I got him out of there.  Poor guy. 

DSC_0614[1]

He looks so much happier in his new little home where he's telling me to "cheer up, cheerily, cheer up," for all is not lost. 

DSC_0618[1]

2 comments:

Diane said...

Love your playing around and discovering things that you like AND don't like--practice is good, right?
I know he'll help you find a home for him.

lori (aka: marzi) said...

OMG! he's so cute!! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails