I've been working on this robin painting for the last few days. I really didn't have much of a plan for it but I had started painting in a color palette that I usually don't use, kind of a gold and a seafoam green type color, I wanted to try something different. Well slowly the green turned to mostly aqua and the gold turned to a nice light yellow and I added some nice red, and some daffodils. Over the course of the day I started to like the piece less and less, and then started painting over things, pasting things, but the little robin seemed to be getting lost. At first I thought I should try to salvage it and started painting yellow all over the place and for some unknown reason I tried some pink which really pushed me over and I grabbed my scissors and cut the little guy out.
Whew, what a relief! I felt so much better after I got him out of there. Poor guy.
He looks so much happier in his new little home where he's telling me to "cheer up, cheerily, cheer up," for all is not lost.