Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bird watcher

My little Amelia is really such a source of so much inspiration for me.  Lately I've been practicing my drawing, especially faces and figures, trying to get proportions right. Over the last month or so I really haven't been drawing much so I feel like my drawing skills could use a dusting off.  Today I decided to do some figure drawing with Amelia as my subject as she was busily playing about the house. 

bird watcher

Within minutes there she was standing in front of me on our heater, binoculars in hand, looking at me saying "What are you looking at?"  "Why do you keep looking up and then looking down?"  It really was a perfect little pose and I decided to give the little sketch a little color with it with some watercolors. 
(and yes, she was wearing a crown and a necklace!)

1 comment:

Janet Ghio said...

Such a darling drawing!! She makes a good model!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails