I finally finished the piece I've been working on for the past week or so. It has a very summery kind of feel to it. The color palate is very similar to my last painting with the orioles in it. I think they would go well together.
The part that took me the longest with this painting are the leaves. It's probably hard to tell on the monitor, but each leaf segment is a separate piece of paper. There are a couple segments per leaf in which it is watercolor right on the paper, but otherwise they are cut from either painted tea bags or coffee filters and then glued to the paper with gel medium. It took me a full day to complete all of them. The flowers were created with painted tea bags and then I dipped the edges in a darker paint. The flower center is coffee filter and the stamens are with black ink. The little butterflies made from tea bags and then painted with acrylic and black ink.
I'm starting to feel the call of spring. The days are starting to get longer, I've noticed the birds are singing a little bit more and my chickens are much more active and they walk around with a happy little cluck.
Have a Happy Weekend!