Sunday, February 17, 2013

IF: Wool

We have a wonderful yarn shop in our town called "Ewetopia Fiber Shop".  I go in there once in awhile to oogle and awe over all the beautiful yarn, with a large selection of locally produced and dyed yarns.
                                                           
I love walking up and down the rows soaking up all the rich and vibrant colors and thinking about all the things I could make.  But then the left side of my brain speaks up and reminds me that it's not going to happen and that you would much rather use your time painting and drawing, which is so very true.  I then walk out of the store feeling a little bit deflated in knowing the beautiful little projects that will never happen.



knit purl

7 comments:

Madame Ziba said...

Like your painting! Lovely colours!

J Watford said...

Terrific painting!

Tasha Goddard said...

Lovely! I have the same thing - I can picture all the amazing things that could be done with wool, but I really don't have the skill to make it happen.

These days, I've decided to concentrate on doing lots and lots of what I love most (drawing and painting) and (hopefully) get better at it, rather than trying to do absolutely everything and not doing any of it very well.

Unknown said...

A great take on the theme wool. Lovely colours too!

Katarzyna Zalewska said...

Very nice wool :)

k.h.whitaker said...

cute, love the color blending

Nirzara Verulkar said...

Lovely colour and texture !

Related Posts with Thumbnails