This painting gave me a bit more trouble than planned. I knew right away I wanted to do a painting with bird houses in a similar style as my "Our Town" painting. It was going along well and then things weren't looking or feeling right. Last night I started ripping the little roofs off, and then ripping off some of the houses, and trying out different colors and different scrapbook papers for the roofs, but nothing was working, so I went to bed, afraid that I might continue to destroy it. I knew that tomorrow was a new day and things might look completely different. I was right.
As soon as I looked at it this morning, I knew what was wrong. My bird houses and their roof tops were mostly autumn colors, I needed spring colors. The autumn colors just didn't seem to go well with the little blue birds whom seemed to be busy building their little nests. As soon as I realized this, everything started to come together. I ditched the scrapbook roofs for old paper doilies glued on top of tea bags which were then glued onto painted coffee filters, changed the color of a few of the houses, and added a few little flowers to make it look even happier.