Friday, February 22, 2013

The same but different

I did this first  painting back at the beginning of January.  I wasn't entirely happy with it, actually it really bothered me because I didn't feel like it was doing what I really wanted it to do.  I wanted the bird to "pop" out more from the background.  I really liked the gloomy, dark background which was done with a coffee wash for the clouds and then tea bags  layered over the top, but I wanted it to have the feeling that the bird was "catching its color" from the colorful raindrops that were falling from the dark sky.  Brightness emerging from the dark. But I kept wondering if the background was too dark, and what would it look like if the background were lighter?

Catching color

This question kept bothering me, so I decided to do another one.  I started it right away, but then it sat on my desk for weeks, I finally decided to finish it.  I'm sad to say that I'm not entirely happy with this one either!

catching color #2

Oh well, t least I have it out of my system now and I won't be wondering "what if" anymore. 

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails