I'm kind of happy with this little guy. I really love how the oranges turned out. I feel happy when I look at them. It makes me want to do more oranges, maybe oranges and limes are in the future.
Making the oranges was a little time consuming. I drew my images on the paper first, and then I cut all the segments and the outside of the orange separately and then glued them into place. The outside of the orange is painted coffee filter and the inside is painted tea bags. The tea bags have a nice sheerness to them, allowing little bits of the background to peak through. The oriole is ripped pieces of painted coffee filter. At first I was going to put leaves or flowers in there with the oranges, but I decided to keep it simple and not distract from the beautiful bird and his yummy snack.